Phage Display Scientist at Antiverse
Start date October 2018, Cambridge
Antiverse is a young and dynamic company working on a moonshot technology, and for the right candidate this position offers creative influence on the laboratory side as well as real input to the company’s direction. The successful candidate will report to Antiverse co-founder Dr Rowina Westermeier.
The position will be an excellent opportunity for an ambitious scientist with an interest in entrepreneurship and the desire to take on great responsibility and drive a company in the early stages towards success. You will be the first employee of the company and the most experienced scientist and thus have a large impact on the progress of the company. You will be involved in strategic decisions and will largely guide the scientific journey of the company. We are hiring for 9 months in the first instance, for a project funded by Innovate UK, but we are keen to extend the role, subject to funding. The funding success will be very directly impacted by your work, so this is a great position for a candidate who is keen on taking ownership of a project. This is a position that extends from purely research into other areas which make our business succeed, such as talking to key stakeholders, driving collaborations and partaking in funding applications and therefore perfect for a scientist who wants to develop in other areas too.
We are mission-driven and every decision you make will have a very direct impact on our company. In our start-up you are not just another employee, but a very important part of our company and our success. If you want to make an impact through your research, then this is the right place for you.
We are excited to have you on this exciting journey with us!
- Selection of Phage Display library
- Set-up phage display antibody screening pipeline in our Cambridge lab
- Quality assurance
- Procurement of instruments and consumables
- Design of experiments
- Running screens and reporting results
- PhD or postdoc in relevant field, M.Sc/B.Sc with several years of industry experience and track record of leading and designing research project will also be considered
- Experience with phage display
- Experience in building affinity maturation libraries desired
- Experience with NGS ideal
- Experience with BIAcore desirable
- Excellent molecular biology skills (cloning , PCR, sequence analysis)
- Experience with lab set-up
- Experience in industrial setting is desirable
- Ability to work as a team and communicate well is essential
- Eligible to work in UK
- Must be self-motivated and able to share learning and expertise.
- Strong skills in communication, problem solving, planning, documentation, and organization.
- We are a start-up that tackles an issue that nobody thought could be tackled. We need you to have the same approach to obstacles: if there is a problem, there is a solution and we will find it! You will be comfortable with uncertainty and make decisions regardless.
- You will need to be self-disciplined and be able to work without much guidance or nudging from others and have the drive to get tasks done.
START DATE: OCTOBER 2018
SALARY: £30K + SHARE OPTIONS FOR THE RIGHT CANDIDATE
HOURS: MON-FRI 9:00-17:00
TYPE: 9 MONTHS CONTRACT
To apply, get in touch by sending a CV and covering letter to email@example.com