UI/UX Design Intern at Scalpel
Medical errors are the third leading cause of death, the majority of them occur during surgery. Scalpel is on a mission to solve that problem.
We are looking for entrepreneurial, motivated and smart individuals with background in User interface design or User experience design.
This role is a great opportunity for you to make a difference in billions of lives that lack access to safe surgery. You will join a team of scientists specialised in Computer Vision, Machine Learning, and software engineering at Scalpel who are building cutting-edge algorithms for safer surgery.
As a user experience design intern at Scalpel, you will gather and evaluate user requirements, design and iterate the UI for our web and mobile platforms.
Your contribution will be towards a pipeline of our products that will make surgery safer.
You work will involve some of the following workflows:
1. Requirements gathering, design, testing, and documentation of user needs (Clinical staff in hospitals).
2. Illustrating design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
3. Collaborative and iterative UI development with clinical and technical teams.
4. Designing graphic user interface elements for our web and mobile platforms
1. Masters in UI/UX design, with a focus on web and iOS platforms.
2. Experience and evidence of skills using design software and wireframe/ prototyping tools like Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, Wireframe.cc and InVision.
3. Demonstrate prior experience working with UX design process, with a proficiency in creating user stories, personas, sitemaps, wireframes, prototypes and storyboards
4. Should have previous experience in building UI for a web app or mobile app (iOS preferred)
Good to have
1. Ability to plan and conduct user testing, surveys, and formal evaluations
2. Experience and understanding of interaction design principles and information architecture.
4. Agile experience – Fast-paced work, stand-up meeting, refining the backlog, KANBAN boards.
* This is an exciting opportunity to work in one of the emerging healthcare start-ups in the UK, with the chance to meet and develop relationships with surgeons from around the world.
* 25 days’ holidays + Bank Holidays
* Pension scheme
* We offer competitive salaries and a share options scheme so that you have a part in our success.
We are located at Plexal, Stratford in a sparky co-working space, which is a hub of disruptive technology start-ups.
To apply, get in touch by sending a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30th of September 2018.