Software Engineer (IoT) at Scalpel
Medical errors are the third leading cause of death, the majority of them occur during surgery. Scalpel is on a mission to solve that problem.
We are looking for entrepreneurial, motivated and smart individuals with background in Software Engineering and Internet of Things.
This role is a great opportunity for you to make a difference in billions of lives that lack access to safe surgery. You will join a team of Computer Vision and Machine Learning scientists at Scalpel who are building cutting-edge algorithms for safer surgery.
As a software engineer at Scalpel, you will be responsible for creating the next generation algorithms for a Smart operating room. You will work with end users, design the UI, use the data from multiple sensors, and develop suitable solutions that work on web and mobile platforms.
Your contribution will be towards a pipeline of our products that will make surgery safer.
You work will involve some of the following workflows:
1. Requirements gathering, design, programming, testing, documentation and commissioning of IT projects.
2. Collaborative and iterative product development with clinical and technical teams.
3. Developing software solutions that integrate data from multiple sensors into existing healthcare
4. You will also work with machine learning engineers who develop algorithms that work on your
1. PhD/ Masters in Software Engineering, with a focus on Sensor fusion and IOT programming.
2. Experience and evidence of strong programming skills using C/C++ or high-level languages like Python or Matlab.
3. Should have prior experience working with multiple sensors and integrating the data in realtime
4. Should have previous experience in building a web app or mobile app (iOS preferred)
Good to have
1. Experience in working with IOT platforms like ThingWorx or IBM Watson IOT.
2. CSS – Styling applications.
3. UX/UI design – Understanding the UI requirements and the user experience.
4. Low-level experience with GPU programming.
5. Agile experience – Fast-paced work, stand-up meeting, refining the backlog, KANBAN boards.
6. Use of source control and branching – For the future use of Git repositories for ThingWorx.
* This is an exciting opportunity to work in one of the emerging healthcare start-ups in the UK, with the chance to meet and develop relationships with surgeons from around the world.
* 25 days’ holidays + Bank Holidays
* Pension scheme
* We offer competitive salaries and a share options scheme so that you have a part in our success.
We are located at Plexal, Stratford in a sparky co-working space, which is a hub of disruptive technology start-ups.
To apply, get in touch by sending a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30th of September 2018.