Founding Analyst: Immunology
The role is simple: Identify the best possible opportunities for starting new biotech ventures, including your own.
Disclaimer: This role is not like anything you’ve ever seen before. At DSV we are redefining how science-driven ventures and built and scaled.
Particulars: Full-time Founding Analyst role at £22.5K for at least 6 months (open ended) with an opportunity to start your own company (a spinout) with pre-seed/seed investment of £150K from DSV. London-based (remote possible).
What you will do: Lead DSV’s venture creation activity for immunology (with an initial focus on immuno-oncology therapies). Your primary output will be at least 3 venture-backable opportunities/projects though you will by no means work alone to achieve this! Your day-to-day will involve bringing together gifted scientists and engineers to inspire drive forward innovative, convergent, commercially opportunistic science. More detail below.
What you will gain: We take a first principles approach to reinvent tough, high value sectors. This represents an opportunity to develop knowledge, network and experience at the cutting edge of innovation in a sector that you are exceptionally passionate about. The role is intellectually challenging, highly creative, and exceptionally purposeful.
1. Opportunity identification and ideation (specific to energy immunology-oncology therapies supported by Track Manager)
2. Recruitment and team formation (supported by Head of Talent)
3. Venture de-risking and venture acceleration (supported by Head of Funding and Venture Partners)
4. Company formation (if you choose to join one of the ventures as a Co-founder)
1. OPPORTUNITY IDENTIFICATION AND IDEATION: accomplish deep commercial scoping to understand the most exciting opportunities and assess feasibility
- Characterising challenges and opportunities in the area of energy movement e.g.: Which cancers could be tackled by immunotherapy but currently are not? How can we create new pharmaceutical platforms to efficiently discover novel immunotherapies? Etc.
- Develop and articulate deep understanding of status-quo and state of the art, what hasn’t worked and what might work. Identify potential areas of cross-over with other opportunities and sciences to take advantage of having a broader view than most.
- Generate several novel starting points in line with possible solution space.
2. RECRUITMENT AND TEAM FORMATION: work with the most gifted, entrepreneurial scientists in the world to form unique, highly specialist founding teams
- Work with Head of Talent to bring in both junior and senior talent in order to map out ideas and demonstrate traction with potential customers.
- Generate three plausible venture opportunities for investment.
3. VENTURE DE-RISKING AND ACCELERATION: coordinating commercial and technical development to de-risk brand new companies
- Move rapidly through the market testing process through weekly team catch ups with Head of Funding and Venture Partners.
- Gather evidence of clear market need/demand (traction).
- Engaging technical experts (academic advisors) to support/guide tech development.
Technical background in a relevant field up to MSc / Meng / PhD in Immunology / Biochemistry / Pharmacology / Biology with the relevant experience in Immunology.
- market and technical research
- project initiation and team management
- development of complex/technically challenging products
- highly creative
- critical thinking and deep analysis
Commercial experience in this sector or with closely aligned technologies:
- immunology related startup, venture capital, corporate innovation
- antibody / CAR-T cell production
- clinical experience of prescribing and / or administering immunotherapies
- regulatory work on immunotherapies
- startup founder, venture capital, corporate innovation
Santa Astratova, Head of Talent, via firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV attached.