Computer Vision Engineer at Scalpel
Medical errors are the third leading cause of death, the majority of them occur during surgery. Scalpel is on a mission to solve that problem.
We are looking for entrepreneurial, motivated and smart individuals with Computer Vision and Machine Learning backgrounds.
This role is a great opportunity for you to make a difference in billions of lives that lack access to safe surgery. You will join a team of Computer Vision and Machine Learning scientists at Scalpel who are building cutting-edge algorithms for safer surgery. You will lead a team of programmers whose work involves 3D visualisation, sensor fusion, and computer vision.
As a Computer Vision engineer at Scalpel, you will be responsible for creating the next generation algorithms for a Smart operating room. You will work with data from multiple sensors, develop systems detection, classification and tracking using images and video data.
Your contribution will be towards a pipeline of our products that will make surgery safer.
You work will involve some of the following workflows:
1. Detection and classification of data in images and video using the latest algorithms, where the data is available using deep learning.
2. Semantic understanding of scenes and the environment.
3. Collaborative and iterative product development with clinical and technical teams.
1. PhD/ Masters in Computer Vision, Machine Learning or Medical Image Computing with a focus on detection and classification in images.
2. Experience and evidence of strong programming skills using C/C++ or high-level languages like Python or Matlab.
3. Experience with deep learning frameworks (Tensorflow, Caffe, Torch etc).
4. Evidence of designing/developing and training a deep convolutional network.
Good to have
1. Experience in working with object detection and classification problems.
2. Transferring algorithms from research code to practical product implementation.
3. Experience working within the applied medical technology field.
4. Low-level experience with GPU programming.
5. Familiarity with the following technologies: CUDA, Git, CMake, Debugging Tools, Continuous Integration.
6. Experience with cloud platforms for training deep neural networks such as Amazon SageMaker and MXNet.
* This is an exciting opportunity to work in one of the emerging healthcare start-ups in the UK, with the chance to meet and develop relationships with surgeons from around the world.
* 25 days’ holidays + Bank Holidays
* Pension scheme
* We offer competitive salaries and a share options scheme so that you have a part in our success.
To apply, get in touch by sending a CV to email@example.com by 15th of September 2018.