Latest Posts:

Sorry, no posts matched your criteria.

Follow Us:

Back To Top

Co-Founder

This is your opportunity to start a science venture in 6 months. No idea required. 

 

Particulars: Take part in our programme during which DSV will provide support, know-how and critical resources required to create a science-based company. Specifically, DSV provides a framework for developing and de-risking a new venture, and successfully reaching pre-seed investment stage. 

The participation is full-time for at least 6 months with an opportunity to start your own company with pre-seed of £50K from DSV with the opportunity of follow-on funding of hundreds of thousands. In addition to the investment, we offer a monthly stipend of £1,250 to take part in the programme. London-based. 

 

What you will do: Your primary output will be a new venture in which DSV will invest £50K for a 10% equity stake (you and your co-founders will own the other 90%). You will by no means work alone to achieve this! Your day-to-day will involve working together gifted scientists and engineers to inspire drive forward innovative, convergent, commercially opportunistic science. More detail below.

 

What you will gain: We take a first principles approach to reinvent tough, high value sectors. This represents an opportunity to develop knowledge, network and experience at the cutting edge of innovation in a sector that you are exceptionally passionate about. The role is intellectually challenging, highly creative, and exceptionally purposeful.

 

Responsibilities

  • Brainstorming and coming up with plausible novel approaches to solving venture backable problem/s;
  • Undertake information gathering and deep-dive into problem area/s (e.g. market and competitive landscape analysis),
  • Conducting customer interviews to rapidly test hypotheses/assumptions and move through the market validation process;
  • Gathering evidence of clear market need/demand (traction);
  • Engaging technical experts (advisors) to support/guide tech development.

 

Requirements

We’re currently actively looking for Founders with technical background up to at least MSc / Meng / PhD / Post-doc in any of the following fields:

  • computational biology
  • immunology
  • microbiome
  • metagenomics
  • mechanical engineering
  • electrical engineering
  • computational materials science
  • biochemical engineering
  • nuclear engineering/science
  • applied physics
  • chemistry/biochemistry
  • neurodegeneration

Experience in:

  • market and technical research
  • project initiation and team management
  • development of complex/technically challenging products

Traits:

  • highly creative
  • critical first principles thinking
  • concise story telling
  • leadership and team coherence

 

Additional

Expertise/background in one of the following areas:

  • growing neurones in drug screening / high throughput CRISPR
  • category 2 microbiology
  • anaerobic phage isolation 
  • phage sequencing 
  • microbiology with clinical experience in the microbiome
  • mooring and drilling wells
  • shape memory alloy 
  • multiphase flow
  • DFT and/or atomistic simulation
  • nanotechnology

Experience in:

  • startup founder, venture capital, corporate innovation
  • brainstorming
  • market and technical research
  • project initiation and team management
  • development of complex/technically challenging products

Contact

Santa Astratova, Head of Talent, via santa@dsv.io if any questions or if you wish to be notified about new opportunities.

Founder

This is your opportunity to accelerate yourself and start a science venture in 6 months.  

 

Particulars: Take part in our programme during which DSV will provide support, know-how and critical resources required to create a science-based company. Specifically, DSV provides a framework for developing and de-risking a new venture, and successfully reaching pre-seed investment stage. 

The participation is full-time for at least 6 months with an opportunity to start your own company with pre-seed of £50K from DSV with the opportunity of follow-on funding of hundreds of thousands. In addition to the investment, we offer a monthly stipend of £1,250 to take part in the programme. London-based. 

 

What you will do: Your primary output will be a new venture in which DSV will invest £50K for a 10% equity stake (you and your co-founders will own the other 90%). You will by no means work alone to achieve this! Your day-to-day will involve working together gifted scientists and engineers to inspire drive forward innovative, convergent, commercially opportunistic science. More detail below.

 

What you will gain: We take a first principles approach to reinvent tough, high value sectors. This represents an opportunity to develop knowledge, network and experience at the cutting edge of innovation in a sector that you are exceptionally passionate about. The role is intellectually challenging, highly creative, and exceptionally purposeful.

 

Responsibilities

  • Brainstorming and coming up with plausible novel approaches to solving venture backable problem/s;
  • Undertake information gathering and deep-dive into problem area/s (e.g. market and competitive landscape analysis),
  • Conducting customer interviews to rapidly test hypotheses/assumptions and move through the market validation process;
  • Gathering evidence of clear market need/demand (traction);
  • Engaging technical experts (advisors) to support/guide tech development.

 

Requirements

We’re currently actively looking for Founders with technical background up to at least MSc / Meng / PhD / Post-doc in any of the following fields:

  • computational biology
  • immunology
  • microbiome
  • metagenomics
  • mechanical engineering
  • electrical engineering
  • computational materials science
  • biochemical engineering
  • nuclear engineering/science
  • applied physics
  • chemistry

Experience in:

  • market and technical research
  • project initiation and team management
  • development of complex/technically challenging products

Traits:

  • highly creative
  • critical first principles thinking
  • concise story telling
  • leadership and team coherence

 

Additional

Expertise/background in one of the following areas:

  • growing neurones in drug screening / high throughput CRISPR
  • category 2 microbiology
  • anaerobic phage isolation 
  • phage sequencing 
  • microbiology with clinical experience in the microbiome
  • mooring and drilling wells
  • shape memory alloy 
  • multiphase flow
  • DFT and/or atomistic simulation
  • nanotechnology

Experience in:

  • startup founder, venture capital, corporate innovation
  • brainstorming
  • market and technical research
  • project initiation and team management
  • development of complex/technically challenging products

Contact

Santa Astratova, Head of Talent, via santa@dsv.io if any questions or if you wish to be notified about new opportunities.